Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tips from a friend in clinical rotations

me: cud u email me tips for starting internal medicine
i want to be smmmurt
D: lol
7:14 PM i just started internal medicine
me: how is it
D: its good
A.) Work Hard
if a patient says they were seen at another hospital for something related to their current hospitalization
call up the other hospital and get that info
7:15 PM me: nice
D: B.) follow up on info
if you know a patient is getting a culture or xray, call up xray etc and follow up
key is to be proactive
go after information
don't wait for it to come to you
7:16 PM me: werd
D: if you get assigned a patient
and they have something
look up papers on that
and maybe discuss it when talking about the patient the next day
it shows that you are interested and care
7:17 PM things like that stick out
read Step up to Medicine
know your antibiotics
just put forth a strong effort
7:18 PM me: k sweet
thx
too clutch bra
D: you mean brah
me: lulz
7:19 PM Dib: when you do things like thism the residents like you
cause you are doing stuff they don't have to do anymore and they can free up more time to teach you
it sounds silly, you are making their life easier and your better
7:20 PM me: makes sense
D: when you do stuff like that, they'll also enjoy teaching you more
and be less dickish to you
7:22 PM me: i like less dickish

No comments:

Post a Comment